ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Tuesday 1 September 2015

September Challenge starts today!!! # Day 1 Forward Folds

Good afternoon my lovely yogis and yoginis!

I've been thinking for few days now what kind of challenge to do with you - we haven't done one for few months now..

John came up with a great idea to have a theme every week - so we are starting with FORWARD FOLDS this week, following with TWISTS, then HIP OPENERS and finishing with some BALANCING poses.

I hope you will enjoy our everyday yoga challenging poses and I cannot wait for all your pictures!!!

I have 4 prizes for you, each week one of you will win - so let's yoga!!!



# Day 1 Forward Folds - Child’s Pose (Balasana)

Take a break. Balasana is a restful pose that can be sequenced between more challenging asanas. Child's pose stretches your lower back and arms and relaxes your entire body. If you have knee problems, lower yourself into this yoga pose with extra care.

Here's what to do:

  • Start in a kneeling position.
  • Drop your butt toward your heels as you stretch the rest of your body down and forward.
  • In the fully stretched position, rest your arms in a relaxed position along the floor, rest your stomach comfortably on top of your thighs, and rest your forehead on the mat.

You should feel a mild stretch in your shoulders and buttocks and down the length of your spine and arms. Ease into this stretch by keeping your shoulders and neck relaxed. Don’t force your derriere to move any closer to your heels than is comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment