ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Friday 9 May 2014

1st Aloe DETOX

After months and months of thinking about it... Twice I even wanted to really start, but... You know how I am... I don´t rest... I do too much maybe sometimes... And I haven´t been eating properly before :(

I am teaching many, many classes per week from January, and since then (4 months) I gained 6kg - with exercising A LOT and eating NOT ENOUGH. Well, I really thought that not eating and exercising will ensure me a slimmer body, but it DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT! - unfortunatelly.

So what was I doing wrong? Hmm... I could go hours and hours without eating and with teaching and THEN I would start to eat in the evening and eat through half of the night... NOT GOOD!!!

But now I know. For few weeks now, I am trying to eat regularly. Healthy food. I spent 2 hours planning my food diary so I would eat in between the classes, but I have a BIG problem with that - it is not good to eat before yoga... And what do I do? I teach - and I love teaching - YOGA! Oh yes, when I first started to eat in the morning before the class - all wrong! My belly hurt, I felt like I am going to throw up... - not nice, plus when you teach you cannot really feel this way. But I guess I slowly got used to eating a little bit before/in between the classes and I feel much better.

And my decision to do the Detox right now? Simple... I went shopping to Primark and you know how stupid fattening mirrors they´ve got... I looked at myself and I said: NO!!! I really don´t want to look like this. And I started next morning without even having everything for the Detox - only one kind of capsules and an Aloe Vera Juice. That was it. This was the trigger.

So here I am going to write how did I feel and survived these 9 days (if I´ll make it) - day by day.


DAY 1 - I´m not liking this day, but, hey, it is only the beginning... I haven´t eaten anything just the Aloe things I can drink and water - lots of water and few teas. I was fine in the morning. I was hungry around 2pm, but the ´lunch stuff´ was good enough to get me through the day. I even felt ok in the evening. BUT - I woke up at 2am - really, really hungry :( :( :( so I drunk lots of water and tried to read Game of Thrones and eventually I fell asleep. And in the morning...

DAY 2 -...I didn´t feel so hungry when I woke up, but I felt a bit dizzy and I had a headache - just a little, and when I was teaching I didn´t feel it, but I did not feel the best. Never mind. Later I was hungrier and hungrier. Yesterday I had a relaxing day and I had only one Pilates class, but today it was different. For lunch I had a salad (lettuce, sweetcorn, olives, artichokes and cheese) instead of the Shake, because I felt like I really needed something in my stomach. And I tell you, the salad tasted so delicious! Even it was only a salad... So I survived the whole day. I know I shouldn´t weight myself, but I had to check it and I was shocked - more than a kilo down and I didn´t feel like it, probably because of all the water I drank those two days. And it´s evening and I am really hungry, but I haven´t have my last Alue Juice, yet. I´ll drink it before I will go to bed and I will hope I won´t wake up hungry in the middle of the night!

DAY 3 - Hmm - I wasn't so hungry in the morning, and I had everything according the book till lunch and after that I had half of a tiny pizza. And few hrs later a bit of veggies - not too bad - I was really hungry and then I had 2 classes, and had my last ' meal' of today... I hope I will survive the night :)

DAY 4 -

No comments:

Post a Comment