ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Thursday 17 April 2014

Yoga For Runners


The impact of running can take a toll on your knees, hips and lower back, which can result in tightening of your musculature, limited movement and slower running speeds.

Incorporating Power Yoga as part of your training can support your running performance in several ways:

  • A Power Yoga class involves at least an hour of stretching. The increase in flexibility you will gain will not only reduce your chances of injury but also increase your overall flexibility which means your running strides become longer and your running style more free and flowing.

  • Practicing Power Yoga not only encourages flexibility but also increases strength throughout your body. With a stronger core - in its widest sense - the muscles that are most active in running are better supported, your entire musculature is better able to cope with the impact of running, and your primary running muscles are able to move more freely - uninhibited by weakness of other muscles.

  • The deep, diaphragmatic breathing technique used in a Power Yoga class helps increase lung capacity and regulate your breathing. As an athletic style of yoga, your heart rate rises whilst you practice so you become trained to breathe more deeply and effectively whilst you’re exercising.

  • Runners also say they experience fewer aches and pains after running and find their focus improves. But, there’s only one way to find out the effects of Power Yoga on your running, and that’s to try it!

1 comment:

  1. I read lot of articles and really like this article. This information is definitely useful for everyone in daily life. Fantastic job.
    Fitness gym in Mohali
    Aerobics Classes in Mohali

    ReplyDelete