ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Parsva Bakasana - Side Crow



Crow pose - which is also known as crane pose or Bakasana - is usually the first arm balance learned by yoga students. Crow pose strengthens the arms, wrists and abdominal muscles in addition to stretching the upper back and opening the groins. It can be a little tricky at first (and you will probably fall on your face at least once!) but once you master it, crow pose is a fun position which helps to build confidence and self-awareness. Here's how you can achieve a perfect crow pose.


Sit straight and tall on your heels - lift the chest
Raise the arm that is further from the mat
Place the hand down to the mat - elbow is close to the knee

Place the other hand down - leave plenty of space between the hands

Walk your feet forward so they will be in the line with your hands
Slowly lean forward - don´t jump your feet up, they will come up  as you lean
Don´t fall ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment