ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Sunday 11 January 2015

Find your antidote to stress

Love this time of year - right now people are making new year resolutions ,creating goals for 2015.
There's no doubt that for some individuals these things will end up delivering amazing life changing results.
But sadly the majority will only see small temporary changes.

One of the biggest secrets to avoid this is not to get too carried away at this time in the year.DON'T try to push your self too much.


Inside all of us are wonderful elements of peace, strength and love. Often as we grow up we loose touch with these fundamental parts of who we are. 
We get taught to become fearful, to be hateful, to be jealous, to be stressful, judgemental and impatient. Obviously all these negative behaviours cause not only others lots of harm but principally ourselves. 
 

When you learn to access your fundamental positive elements of peace, strength and love, life becomes a lot easier! You not only become kinder and more loving to yourself but you can spread these feelings to others. 
In the short-term, stress may appear to get things done but in the long term it leads to burn-out. As world is pretty hectic, now is a good time to find the antidote to stress – yoga and relaxation!


No comments:

Post a Comment