ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Sunday 31 May 2015

30 Day Cobra CHALLENGE

We're going to have a new challenge starting from tomorrow -1st June - a 30 Day Cobra CHALLENGE!!

We'll try to build up more flexibility in our spine by staying in the pose starting from 3mins up to 20mins. We'll have 30 days for it and get our back as bendy as we can.

It's 7 of us so far taking part...

If you want to jpin us in the challenge,  take a picture of your Cobra pose before you start and just send it to me. We're going to take pictures once a week to see our progress :-)
I'm so excited about this!!!!

If you´re not sure what Cobra pose is...:

The name comes from the Sanskrit words bhujanga meaning "snake" or "serpent" and asana (आसन) meaning "posture" or "seat". The cobra pose is a back bend that stretches muscles on the front of the torso and strengthens your arms and shoulders. The cobra also warms up the torso and you can perform the cobra pose as part of the sun salutation sequence at the beginning of a yoga routine. Bhujangasana may strengthen the spine, stretch the chest, shoulders, and abdomen, firm the buttocks, and relieve stress and fatigue. Traditional texts say that Bhujangasana increases body heat, destroys disease, and awakens kundalini.

If you don´t know how to do Cobra pose...:

1 - Lie face down on the floor on a yoga mat with your palms flat, placed beneath your shoulders. The tops of your feet should be flat on the floor.
2 - Engage your abs by tilting your pelvis and drawing your belly button toward your spine. You want to engage your abs to protect your lower back
3 - Spread your fingers and press your palms into the floor. Rotate your shoulders back and down away from your ears.
4 - Push your upper body off the floor and straighten your arms as much as is comfortable while keeping your pelvis, hips, legs and feet planted on the mat. Lengthen your neck and lift your chest.
5 - Hold as long as you want to and then release. Don´t forget to do a counter pose!!

Here are our pics before the challenge :)

Namaste!










1 comment:

  1. I like to take challenge and I had joined Dashama Trainer last week for 30 Day Yoga Challenge. There are options available with a 30 DAYS YOGA CHALLENGE for trainees to learn Yoga so that they get to take up a stricter regime for healthier body and mind. Start the 30 Day Yoga Challenge Today!

    ReplyDelete