ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Sunday 3 March 2013

Applying for Funds to have more Yoga classes in Farley Hill Community Centre



I would like to hold classes in Farley Hill Community Centre for: 
1. children
2. pregnant women 
3. older people  
(3 classes per week for a duration of 6 months)

My project meets few of the points of the Community Priorities for Farley Hill Community Centre.

Overall priorities: 
1. Reduce the fear of crime and anti-social behavior by encouraging the neighborhood to come together 
3. More diversionary activities for young people.

Health and Well Being priorities:
5. Promote healthy lifestyle through existing children and people's activities.

Children and Young Children priorities:
1. Consistent youth led activities for all young people.

Environment and Economy priorities:
6. Need for local evening classes.

 As many as possible people will my project benefit and they will fit into all age-groups.

To promote classes, I will put up banners, posters, place leaflets and brochures in Farley Hill Community Centre and place posters and brochures in local shops. 

More information about the project updates, changes and progress will be also on my website and blog.


Since Yoga is very adjustable and anyone can practice it in his own pace and according to his own abilities, inequality is not an issue and every member of the community will have the same opportunity to join my classes and benefit from them.


We are physical, mental and spiritual beings; yoga helps to promote a balanced development of all the three. Other forms of physical exercises, like aerobics, assure only physical well-being. They have little to do with the development of the spiritual or astral body. Yoga is a way of living, having a healthy mind in a healthy body.
Yoga:
- Increases self-awareness
- Helps in attention focus and concentration, especially important for children.
- Reduces stress and tension in the physical body by activating the parasympathetic nervous system.
When people are in the class, they can turn to the person next to them, introduce themselves, ask them their name and give them a smile. This can be a first step in getting to know other people from their community.
 
After the end of my project I can continue to hold the classes and have special offers of the fees for classes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment