ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Sunday 17 November 2013

A Trial Yoga Day (with my friends ;) )

Are you tired of seeing yet another tropical yoga vacation retreat postcard hanging outside the door of your local yoga studio?  You know the one – there’s the beautiful woman doing ‘yoga-on-the-beach-wearing-sunglasses-under-a-palm-tree-drinking-a-pina-colada,’  and you’re like, “Will I ever afford a retreat like that??”

Well, well, well - me and my friends decided to have a few-hours Yoga Day yesterday and it went really good. The day felt authentic. Through our yoga practice in a studio, we learned the Single Nostril Breathing Technique, we continued with a Hatha Flow and then did Power Yoga. After all the hard work, there was a loooong meditation and healthy food to eat - we talked what effects has healthy food on our lives and mentioned a bit of philosophy and history of Yoga. It was great to see friends from different parts of world connected, taking the time to cultivate self-care while adhering to a busy schedule.  I found it to be a great opportunity to learn about other people’s lives different from mine with the added opportunity of networking.



















The one-day retreat is becoming more and more popular as people seek balance in their lives.  As we strive in a fast-paced society, scheduling in a day of rejuvenation where you can sit back and be taken care of is like pressing the restart button.  You don’t need to save up thousands of pounds or plan in advance to take a week off from work to go on a one-day retreat.  It’s a simple way to bring the balance of staying true to your yoga practice and treating yourself to something special without dramatically altering your schedule. 

This Yoga Day was a trial one and because I think it was very successful,  I am preparing more retreat days, so if anyone is interested, contact me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment