ANDREA - a full time Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi instructor.

I fell in love with yoga over seven years ago, when I got a Nintendo DS and bought a game called Let's Yoga. From then, I began 'playing' yoga everyday, sometimes twice a day. At first, the practice was more physical for me, but after few months I started to really count on yoga to bring me a sense of calm during especially chaotic days. Soon after, I began recognizing the benefits of a regular asana and meditation practice and continued to incorporate yoga daily - not just during times of chaos. I found myself feeling more energized, more compassionate, happier, and with more awareness. Now, I teach full-time and couldn't be happier to do what I love. What began as a physical practice for strength and flexibility quickly became a lifestyle. I teach my students to take their yoga off the mat and apply the principles learned in the class to their lives outside of the studio. I do not only teach my philosophy, I live it.

Thursday 5 February 2015

Valentine's Challenge Day 6

We are on the 6th day of our challenge - today's pose may sound easy, but don't you forget what I have been telling you about it in the classes!!!! 

Big Toe Pose (Forward Fold) - Padangusthasana

This pose gently lengthens and strengthens even stubbornly tight hamstrings.


The place where yoga really happens is on your own mat, at home. Classes are great for learning the skills and tools of asana, but our personal practice is where we apply and integrate them. All yogis should have a home practice—and all yogis can. So with patience and great care, practice, play with the pose of the day and post some nice pics, so we can all see what you can do :)

Too Busy? - Keep it simple. You don’t have to replicate a yoga class every time you practice at home. Start with 5 minutes. If you have more time, great. If not, that’s enough.
Too Chubby? - If you’re letting your weight keep you off the mat, you’ve got a self-esteem issue. Ignoring your body won’t help; doing skillful things with your body in asana practice will make it easier to nurture the kind of body you have now.
Too Distracted? - Asana is perfect if you’re distracted because it shifts the mind state from endless thinking into sensing, observing, and feeling.
Too Injured or Old? - The great thing that an injury or a new physical limitation does is to show us how attached we are to a particular way of practicing asana. These things help us see our own ego and vanity so that we can move beyond them.
Too Scattered? - Listen, we’re all householders, so for better or worse we are shifting the context in which yoga is practiced
. We live in a very different time and place than the ancient yogis who developed this practice. But you can still roll up the carpet or move a table out of the way. You can practice standing in line or on an airplane. It’s better to practice in chaos than not practice at all.
The only way you’ll ever get into your practice is if you learn to enjoy it. Do exactly what you want to do.


There wasn't so many posts today, yogis, don't you like the challenge any more? :( :( All the poses you posted were so nice and done with so much effort, thank you :) x x

May I announce today's winner - lovely Melissa with kids in a patriotic forward bend :) Congratulations!!







No comments:

Post a Comment